ITS Smart Mobility
Jun Long's Students Research Projects
Jun Long supervised two group of students for research project related to smart nation's intelligent transport system. The projects focused mainly on high speed railway system in the area of optical fiber based signaling system using Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) sensors. One group of his student has won an award in a student competition related to the development of FBG sensors for tracking high speed train position.
<Note> More and more content will be added to this ITS topic. Check back soon for more update.
ITS is commonly used for referring to Intelligent Transport System. In some research and companies, ITS may add in more hostile services hence terming it as Intelligent Transport Solutions. By combining smart application and appropriate selection of digital technologies across multiple modes of transport, we create systems that drive efficiencies to make transport systems across the world safer, more reliable and more sustainable.
Last Updated on 30th November 2019 1:00AM
- Improve safety
- Improve traffic efficiency
- Improve convenience
ITS Research in Singapore
I2R ITS Smart Mobility Research
CoopeRative and UnIfied Smart Traffic SystEm (CRUISE) project
- Developing the Next Generation Traffic Control that would help optimise traffic light and pedestrian crossing timings for smoother traffic and pedestrian flow [ref]
- Trial will be carried out near traffic intersections and pedestrian crossings between Corporation Road and Boon Lay Way, with sensors to be installed from September 2018 to end 2020
- From LTA's Annex, a total of nine traffic junctions are marked for installing sensor [pdf]
- Cruise is designed to pick up the physical presence of vehicles and pedestrians
- Near real-time datasets will be used to develop intelligent traffic light algorithms
- A joint project between Transport Authority (LTA) and Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R)
Tags: #ITS #traffic #optimisation #sensor #video #i2r #singapore